- Offer for whole Canadian portfolio
- Effective tax structure for seller
- Highly confidential process
- 4 week focused due diligence process
- Minimal impact on business unit management
- Pensions re-organisation
- Property carve-out
PRIVATE CORPORATE CARVE-OUT EXAMPLE
Exchanger Industries (EI) designs and manufactures heat transfer equipment for the global oil, natural gas, and petrochemical industries. Since incorporation in 1961, EI has grown to be recognized as a world leader in thermal heat transfer technology and one of the largest manufacturers of heat exchangers in Canada for use worldwide. EI’s engineered products include Air Cooled Heat Exchangers, Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers, Waste Heat Boilers, and Sulphur Condensers.
National Concrete Accessories (NCA)
Canadian manufacturer and distributor of forming hardware and concrete accessories. Divested in 2021.
Chemical distribution business divested in 2014.
Wilkinson Steel and Metals Inc
Steel service business divested in 2013.
- Seller: AMC Group Ltd
- Date: August 2011
- Value: not disclosed
- UK private corporate group
- Wanted to divest all assets in Canada
- Number: 4
- Sectors: Industrials, Distribution, Chemicals
- Geography: Canada
- National Concrete Accessories
- Exchanger Industries
- Wilkinson Steel
- Debro Chemicals