- Price agreed at early stage and held
- Defined Benefits pensions scheme closure
- Significant carve-out challenges eg integrated
logistics, finance and sales teams
- Creation of 3 new businesses from previous single
- Value given to 30 acre brown-field manufacturing
site with residential development potential
MULTI-NATIONAL CORPORATE CARVE-OUT EXAMPLE
A leading designer and manufacturer of bench-top laboratory equipment divested in 2015.
Carbolite Holdings Limited
Manufacturer of furnaces, ovens and incubators for use in laboratories divested in 2012.
Supplier of reusable laboratory ware divested in 2011.
Spanish distributor of laboratory equipment divested in 2008.
Specialist importer of laboratory reusables divested in 2009.
Manufacturer of plastic ware divested in 2011.
- 3 CEO positions created
- $15m rebuild of Sterilin manufacturing
- 2 bolt-on acquisitions
- New factory for Bibby Scientific, 3 site moves
- Residential development of main site
- Seller: Barloworld Scientific Ltd
- Location: South Africa
- Date: November 2007
- Value: $120m
- Number: 6 + Property
- Sectors: Scientific Equipment, Industrial,
- Geography: UK, USA, China, France, Italy, Spain
- Type: Auction
- Seller’s Adviser:
- Corporate seller
- New CEO
- Sale of non-core assets
following strategic review
- Bibby Scientific