- Price agreed at early stage and held
- Accelerated and focused due diligence completed in 4 weeks
- Minimal impact on business unit management
- 12 months transitional service arrangements
- Significant carve-out challenges addressed post-closing eg integrated logistics, HK based group sourcing team
Corporate Carve Out Example
The Shur-line business is known for innovation and applied technology in the paint application portfolio.
Long a leader in this category the company continues to develop applicator materials and accessories to assist the homeowner in creating design results with a minimum of preparation and clean up.
Ashland Hardware Systems has been a leader in the fenestration industry for decades and was divested in 2018.
Amerock is an industry leader in cabinet hardware, decorative pulls and bath accessories. Amerock is a leader in both showroom and retail channels with a reputation for decorative finishes and fine design.
The Allison brand is a subset of Amerock offering increased variety and alternative price points.
Bulldog Hardware has more than 50 years history of providing the homeowner with fastening and other in home solutions surrounding decorative and utility hardware.
The Bulldog brand is synonymous with quality and can be found across major retail venues.
Amerock Drapery Hardware
Amerock Drapery Hardware is known for aesthetic and functional solutions to home décor. The Amerock Drapery Hardware approach to materials, finishes and total quality are hallmarks of the company’s mission.
- Seller: Newell Rubbermaid Inc
- Date: September 2013
- Value: $214m
- Corporate seller
- Strategic review
- Sale of non-core assets following strategic review
- Type: Auction
- Seller’s Adviser: NM Rothschild
- Duration: 3 months
- 30 days from exclusivity to signing
- Number: 5
- Sectors: Decorating, hardware
- Geography: USA, China, Mexico